DEADLINE: Submit the Scholarship Application by March 9, 2019.
The Application can be found above, click Download to retrieve the PDF form, then you can save to your computer and either email the file, or print and mail to the address below.
Applicant must plan to major in music at any college, university or conservatory in the USA, in any music field, to be eligible for this scholarship. For additional requirements, see Entrants' list below.
1. Scholarship funds will be paid to the school of record and is to be used for educational expenses. School information is to be supplied by the student.
2. Any multiple year scholarships must maintain a B average and student will provide a hard copy of official school grades at the end of each term and prior to the beginning of the next term. Student must maintain their intention to major in music.
3. Any delay of attending college or a break between terms will negate the scholarship.
1. Must be a US citizen.
2. Must be a high school senior (Public, Private or Home Schooled) and permanently reside in a county where an active member of The Music Club of Greenville resides (Pickens County, Greenville County or Spartanburg County).
3. It is not necessary to perform both pieces from memory.
4. Must audition in person before a panel of Judges, Saturday, March 30, 2019 at the Fine Arts Center, 102 Pine Knoll Dr., Greenville, SC 29609.
5. Must provide own accompanist, if solo dictates.
6. Must be prepared to perform for The Music Club of Greenville on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 7:00 PM with their accompanist. Location is the Fine Arts Center, 102 Pine Knoll Dr., Greenville.
7. Responsible for communicating to committee and pre-arranging any necessary equipment set-up.
8. Jazz applicants must bring a complete ensemble necessary for the pieces they perform.
9. Audition areas include voice, piano, strings (including guitar), winds, brass, and percussion.
10. Audition time will be assigned after application is received. If a special time is needed, please note this on your application or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION and REPERTOIRE:
Open to instrumentalists and vocalists for performance degrees, music ed or for musical theater. If applying on more than one instrument or field, please submit a separate application for each one.:
VOCAL REPERTOIRE: Two selections of different styles or periods. (A portion of a long composition may be performed for one selection). Total performance time should not exceed 6 minutes.
INSTRUMENTAL REPERTOIRE: Two selections of different styles or period. (A portion of a long composition may be performed as one selection.) Total performance time should not exceed 6 minutes. Bring copies of your music for the judges.
Questions: 864-458-8463 email@example.com
Please download a PDF Version of the Application.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION SHOULD BE MAILED OR EMAILED TO:
Dianne Maalouf, 202 Loblolly Lane, Greenville, SC